It seems that the lovely Professor has chosen another theme that suits me just perfectly. Being as I just had a baby ten weeks ago, I haven't been on many nights out lately, so I can tell you all about my homely celebrations. I was eating a toffee apple the other day, and because it's something I only do once a year at this very time, it got me thinking about other seasonal habits I have that I always associate with Halloween, my favourite holiday. I'm not going out this year because my other half is a bouncer and therefore working, plus I have no babysitter, if I can't spend the night woth Rob then I didn't really see the point in doing anything at all. I also can't decorate because we still live with his parents and there is no space for anything. Ever. So heres my little "Halloween checklist" of things I wanted to do in the week leading up to Halloween.
- Eat a toffee apple. Something I always remember doing as a child, as soon as they came on sale in the shops I would be begging my mum to let me have one and scoff it down in the car on the way home.
- Carve a pumpkin.
|Not all that original but this mama doesn't do sculpture for a reason.|
- Watch as many halloween films as I can in one week. Well, my favourites at least.
- Bake something Halloweeny.
|Chocolate and orange cupcakes. It's also my other half's birthday today so they're sort of for him.|
- Try an orange eyeshadow. I had a bright orange eyeshadow sitting unused in my Sleek Matt palette and decided now was the perfect time to experiment. In all honesty, I don't actually like orange that much and feel as though it's a bit of a difficult colour to pull off, so I took to Pintrest for some inspiration and this is what I came up with:
- Go halloween shopping. I managed to score some cool leggings in Primark, but was ￼￼disappointed that all they had in this year was leggings and t-shirts because I got a really cute ghostie jumper last year.
- Put Reegan in her Halloween outfit. I shall replace my urge to decorate the home by decorating my child. Ha!
|This is only one of her spooky oufits because she has a couple. The bib says: "my first spooky halloween"|
Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween this year! I felt very productive indeed!