Wednesday 6 November 2013

Strange pub happenings


So I wanted to write a little bit about my job, because I work in a pub and lots of amusing and odd things (and people) tend to happen.

We have this painted on the wall behind the bar
So here is a shortlist of five of my funniest and strangest Things that have happened where I work. 

1. The guy who calls me blue haired girl (I in turn call him red hat guy, although there are so many ones I can list about this guy) once started hooting loudly at a girl I work with because she had a jumper with an owl on it.

2. Red hat guy once attempted to show me a video of himself weeing. My manager caught him.

3. Another time, red hat guy stood at the bar as if to order a drink. When I askes him, he said in a very mysterious manner; 'unfortunately not, I am just passing through'. He proceeded to stand there staring at me blankly for another ten minutes before he left.

4. One lady had ordered a steak, and came to the bar to complain.  She said she didn't like the steak, and when we offered a replacement, she said she didn't even want it anymore. And she picked the steak up off of the plate and threw it at us. 

5. Guy Who Wears a Skirt ( it should be noticed that he is gay and cross dresses and I have no problems with either of those things), likes to go around telling people about his weird life. He once asked another girl who works here if she would come to live with him and his partner in their luxurious flat in Europe, and be his strictly non-romantic-only-for-conception-purposes-housewife-and-babymaker. He said that she was perfect and just what he was looking for. Needless to say she turned him down. 

So those are what I have so far.  Anybody have anymore weird stories about their jobs?

No comments:

Post a Comment