Wednesday 2 July 2014

Style icon: Mean Girls' Janis Ian

Ok so Janis Ian is a fictional character,  but she still kicks ass. Anyone under the age of 30 has surely seen teen movie Mean Girls, and if you haven't then you need to. It probably one of the most quotable films of it's decade. Hilarious.  And completely sums up most kids horrific school experiences in a most relatable fashion.

Tons more witty and defining Mean Girls quotes here

Janis Ian is probably my favourite character in the film, mostly because she is scary, sarcastic and rocks the goth aesthetic of big hair, black eyes. I like to copy her look sometimes,  mostly on days like today when I'm wearing an insanely girly white summer dress. You know, just to be subversive ;)

My best attempt at looking mean. 

I love stealing style ideas from characters and real alternative women, maybe I'll turn this one into a feature!

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! I like your version better than Janis's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I like putting more of a feminine take on things ;)

    ReplyDelete